We have an outstanding opportunity for a mid-senior employer marketing manager at a leading and renowned events company. In this role you will manage the marketing function to craft and drive innovative brand marketing and communication across various platforms both internally and externally. The role will require creative thinking and application, a great attention to detail, strategic and execution skills to full campaign objectives. The marketing manager is responsible for both digital and below the line projects as well handles various brand engagements and ensures sponsorship We’re looking for someone passionate, experienced and dynamic.
- Carry out market research to foster an understanding of the consumer base and the latest trends in the baby-related industries. Provide feedback to the relevant individuals. Drive brand penetration in the targeted markets to build brand awareness and develop consumer affinity.
- Keep abreast of the latest tends and developments within the exhibition and parenting industries to provide relevant information. Remain abreast of the latest developments and approaches within marketing.
- Research the latest software to be used on the website to ensure effectiveness to consumers relating to speed and user-friendliness.
- Ensure that all pages on the website are updated regularly. Prior to the events the website needs to be updated on a regular basis.
- Design and conceptualize the layout of the home page, load the banners, design the banners and home page for social media platforms.
- Design and conceptualize the newsletters and distribute to data base.
- Conceptualize campaigns for social media platforms.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize the ideas for the content with team members. Design and layout the newsletters to regional and national visitors and exhibitors, and potential and existing suppliers.
- Foster and manage relationships with suppliers to meet the marketing needs. Manage relationships by taking into consideration turnaround time, cost, quality, creativity, etc. Maintain ongoing relationships with media partners to understand trends, advert positioning and negotiate rates to ensure best pricing for the company.
- Compile themed advertisements ensuring that the theme translates into all mediums of advertising – radio, television and print.
- Monitor and oversee the design elements for the marketing campaign including managing a detailed budget.
- Book, confirm and manage all advertising pertaining to print, on-line, radio and street advertising.
- Manage the layout, design, printing and distribution of all print material for the exhibitions and events. Ensure that quality is maintained by proof-reading marketing material for accuracy of information prior to printing.
- Ensure that marketing material is distributed to the various channels and locations in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present at various client functions.
- Source and confirm sponsors for marketing activities e.g. sourcing prize sponsors for competitions.
- Ensure that all sponsors are recognized for their contributions in the form of advertising.
- Take full responsibility for the management, layout and design of all promotional activities.
- Dynamic individual with creative flair to generate new ideas and themes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relationship management skills to manage internal and external supplier and staff relationships
- High levels of research and development ability.
- Time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Planning and organising skills.
- Quality centric approach and attention to detail.
- Previous website maintenance and page building on WordPress would be an advantage
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office and the Customer Relationship Management programme (to keep records of clients)
- A team player who can work closely with his/her own team as well as Sales to achieve the business objectives
- Ability to deal with pressure
- A marketing degree or diploma is required
- Driver’s license and own vehicle required
- Minimum of 4 years marketing experience required
- Experience in the exhibition or baby industry would be an advantage
If this sounds like a position for you, then contact us. Please note that our roles are very specialised, so we are only able to consider candidates with relevant experience. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. You can apply by sending your CV and contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and making mention in the subject line which role you are applying.