Social Media Specialist
We are looking for a qualified Social Media Specialist to join our team. If you know how to creatively handle various social media tools, have experience with websites, podcasts and blogs, this position is for you. The Social Media Specialist will oversee our social media strategy for our organisation. The candidate will be responsible for planning and executing all content, that will include but is not limited to email, social media and various digital marketing elements. In addition, the candidate must be able to manage and engage with the public through various social media platforms to encourage traffic to the digital sites. The role will require daily community management as well as data analysis and reports.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design social media campaigns aligned with business goals.
- Coordinate the creation of content (e.g. blogs, press releases, design work and podcasts).
- Manage end-to-end social media projects.
- Establish our social presence to boost brand awareness.
- Maintain a strong online company voice through social media.
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales and Product development teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Suggest and implement online social media marketing methods to increase profitability.
- Generate and create feedback reports.
- Monitor ROI and KPIs.
- Stay up to date with digital media developments.
- Dynamic individual with creative flair to generate new ideas and themes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Quality centric approach and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- An ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who can work closely with the team to achieve the business objectives
- Ability to deal with pressure; prepared to work additional hours when necessary.
- Positive attitude
- The ability to manage constructive criticism.
- Relevant degree or diploma
- Journalism and or a public relations background would be an advantage.
- Proven work experience as a social media specialist.
- Knowledge and experience with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity or other media editing software.
- Experience with visual communication principles.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Additional qualification in web design or animation is a plus.
- Previous website maintenance and page building on WordPress would be an advantage.
If this sounds like a position for you, then contact us. Please note that our roles are very specialised, so we are only able to consider candidates with relevant experience. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. You can apply by sending your CV and contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and making mention in the subject line which role you are applying.